CQA members actively give back to the community through their quilting. We use our talents to warm hearts and lives through the gift of a quilt as described below. We also educate our neighbors on the history of quilting
Comfort Givers Community Quilts
At the Comfort Givers table you will find: “Quilts top kits” tops to be quilted with backing and binding, “quilt kits” with fabric and instructions. Pillow case kits and bibs kits. We bring batting for charity quilts that need quilting.
Listed below are the charities that we contribute to, if you want your quilt to go to a certain charity safety pin a note to the completed quilt and we will make sure it goes to the right place.
- Ventura County Medical Center Neonatal Unit (Layette)
- Ventura County Medical Center Infusion Center Pediatric and Adult Hematology and Oncology. (Lap or twin size quilt)
- Save Harbor (Lap size)
- Casa Pacifica (Lap or twin) they need quilts for adolescents and teens ages12 through 21 years old.
- RAIN Transitional Living Center (All sizes)
- Life Centers of Ventura County (Layette and lap)
- Lighthouse Women’s and Children’s Mission (All sizes)
- New Start for Moms Layette and lap)
- Senior Concerns (Lap and throws)
- Kids to Kids (Twin)
Approximate Quilt Sizes: Layette 36” x 40”, Crib 45” x 50”, Lap 60” x70”, Twin 65” x 80”
The quilt Giveaways are June and December, if you want your quilt included in the giveaway we need it the month before the event. For June we need it at the May meeting, and for December we need it in November. You are not required to sign out any projects, and the batting we supply is for charity quilts only. Quilts are sorted by size and appropriate design; small quilts with children prints will go to Neonatal, Life Centers and New Start for Moms. Infusion Center lap quilts with pictures, Kids to Kids needs twin quilts for teen girls, RAIN, Lighthouse need quilts for families, Casa lap or twin for teens, and Senior Concerns lap quilts.